Tuesday 4 December 2012

One Year


It's been one year.  I didn't want to know the actual date but my brother went and put it on facebook so now I'll always remember December 4th. 

Her halter is back in my room.  Artemis outgrew it a couple months ago so now it's hanging on my closet door.  It was never Artemis' halter, it will always be Cas' halter. 

So far, it hasn't gotten any easier.  I miss her and think of her often but my own injury has made me glad I decided to end her pain.  At least I can understand why I hurt and I know it'll go away one day.  She didn't have that. 

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm really sorry about Cas' but you know you made the right choice and really it's better for her that you did the right thing by her.

I can't imagine how hard it must be for you.
R.I.P Cas'

Sending hugs your way.

Wolfie said...

I can't believe it's been a year. It was a very difficult decision, but you cared enough about her to end her pain. She will always be with you, in your heart. RIP, Cas.

Courtney said...

We remember, Cas. I remember that time very clearly. I know it still is hard but I still think you can find solace in having made the right decision.