Friday 17 June 2011

More Rain

I know this post has nothing to do with Cas, but I feel she needs more picture time in this blog.  She is Artemis' big sister after all, and my first baby pony.  Cas is in her silver/bay roan stage right now.  I expect in a few weeks she'll be gray again, like last summer. 

It was still raining last night but we went out to the stable anyway.  We caught Socks and Artemis pretty quickly and brought them into the barn.  Kali's owner and the evil June mare's (I don't know her name but she looks like June and is a horribly mean mare) owner were there to ride.  While they rode we took a long time grooming and saddling up Socks.  When I was lifting one of Artemis' front feet, she put one of her back feet in the tack box, and spooked when it flung up and hit her leg.  She jumped forward, which flung the tack box and it's contents back, right into Socks, who hadn't been paying attention so it scared her half to death.  She tried to jump away, but slipped on the floor and couldn't get a grip.  Luckily my horse is pretty calm and stopped as soon as I called her name.  Once everyone was calmed down and we made sure there were no injuries, it was actually kind of funny.  It was my fault, I had Artemis too close to the tack box, and when I picked up her front leg, she swung away from me and that's how she stepped into it.  Luckily no one was hurt and none of our things broke. 

When they finished riding we took Socks and Artemis in.  I rode while my mom watched.  The two girls came over to watch Artemis runs.  Everyone does and I don't mind, but lately it makes me feel very self-conscious of my riding, even though I know nobody watches me.  I'm very out of practice and Socks and I are out of synch lately, it's frustrating.  Artemis had fun though, she has to be in front of her mother or else she bucks and neighs at us.  She always cuts corners to get ahead.

On an off note, my mom and I saw Super 8 tonight.  It has been a very long time since I've enjoyed a movie as much as I enjoyed that one.  There is nothing major I can fault it for.  It is definitly a movie you should see in theatres though, if you want the full experience.  I liked it most for it's suspense, you don't know anymore than what the kids know.  All in all, I really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Wolfie said...

Must be cool to have a little one joining in on your rides. :-) I will have to put Super 8 on my movie list. I was talking to my "movie" friend on Thursday and we were trying to figure out what to see. Thanks for the review!