Monday 11 June 2012

A Brief Update

I love horses, but honestly, the past month has been awful.  I won't go on about it but seriously, breaking your arm sucks.  I miss being able to do all the things I used to.  I especially miss being able to do things with my horses.  A lot has happen, lots of personal issues and not so many horse things.  I have another surgery this Wednesday on my elbow.  Right now there is a piece of bone in my elbow that prevents me from straightning or bending my elbow completely, and a screw has moved out of place so they need to go in and repair it.  I'm kind of freaking out about it, I've been doing well with physio, I've even typed this with both hands although its not easy and takes a long time.  This surgery will put me back where I was after the first one though, unable to use my right hand.  I'm just praying they don't have to do anymore surgeries after this. 

When I can actually type easily I'll tell more about the fall.  It was an awful day.  In other horse news, Artemis no longer looks like a baby.  I don't have any pictures of her but she looks like a real, proper yearling now, without any fuzz.  My brother's girlfriend came out today and she rode both Socks and Jimmy.  She even jumped Socks, I have pictures and videos but I'm not up to uploading them so I'll show them another time.  Socks did great considering we've mostly only jumped out on the trail.  She jumped pretty high too, the highest she's ever jumped.  She knocked down the poles twice and had two refusals but she honestly did great considering its the highest she's ever jumped and the first time she's jumped in over a year, plus it's been basically a month and a little bit since she was ridden last.  I love my horse, she'll do anything you ask of her.

I figured I'd get an update in while I can, especially since typing is very good excericse for my hand.  But because of my surgery I'll be out of the blogging world for a while again.  I hope everyone else is having a better summer than I am!

1 comment:

Wolfie said...

Gosh, I am sorry to hear about your ongoing issues with your arm. I hope that your upcoming surgery corrects the issue and your recovery is swift. Your horses aren't going anywhere and will be happy to see you when you can manage it. Take care of yourself.