Sunday 9 October 2011

One Lovely Blog Award

I've recieved the One Lovely Blog Award from both Wolfie over at What Was I Thinking... and Megan at Horse Rescue.  It was really nice to come home from work and see that, this is my first award.  Both Wolfie and Megan are two of the first people I ever talked to in the blogging world and the first two blogs I read.  I just want to thank you both again.  I highly suggest that everyone go check out their blogs!  The conditions of the award are that I need to pass it onto fifteen other blogs and tell you seven things about myself.  I'm not even sure if I follow fifteen blogs but let's find out!

Megan and Scarface

Simply Horse-Crazy

Dressage on the Quarter

Minus Pride

Laughing Down the Lines

From Racehorse to Showhorse

The Adventures of Lucy

Change of Pace

Diary of the Overanxious Horse Owner

Writing and Riding

TwoHorses

Ponies at  Home

Just a Girl and Her Horse

On The Ground

Shame in the Horse Show Ring

Now seven things about myself...

1.  I started riding because I wanted to get into jumping and I really wanted to end up as trainer at the racetrack.

2.   I secretly do like Hockey but don't let my family know that because I don't want to watch it on TV all night.  Unfortunantly neither of my chosen teams have done much in the past few years, one hasn't done much in over twenty years.  (Go Leafs Go!)

3.  I spend about as much time writing as I do with horses.  I've finished the rough draft of one novel and am currently in the process of slowly rewriting it.

4.  I'm addicted to photography.  I never go out to the horses or for a drive without dragging my camera with me.

5.  I used to play defense in soccer and won many tournaments and championships during the years I played before I quit.

6.  I absolutly love the Rocky Mountains and I could never live more than two hours away from them.  I see them every day on my way to school.  Although I was born in Nova Scotia I hate/am completely terrified of the ocean and am a true Albertan at heart.

7.  I'm terrified of Moose.  I'd rather run into an angry Grizzly Bear or a Cougar before I ran into an angry Moose.  It scares me much more to see a Moose when I'm on foot than any carnivore in the forest.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!  Even if you aren't Canadian!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Cjay and thank you! I've just come home after a week away and it was a lovely surprise.

Mary said...

Congrads! Thank you so much for awarding me as well, this will also be my first. I'm so tickled!

Wolfie said...

Cjay, it's so nice to get to know you better. :-) A novel?? How exciting! Like you, I have my camera with me all the time. I was born in Nova Scotia and the ocean is in my blood. However, I can absolutely see the draw of the Rockies. :-)

Minus Pride said...

Very interesting to learn more about you. I have yet to encounter a moose, but I'm thanking my lucky stars right after reading that!!!
I can't wait to hear more about your novel.

Thanks for including me in your blog!!!

Megan said...

Thanks so much for the award!

Glad to know another Alberta blogger!

Cjay said...

Wolfie- I don't remember the ocean so that has a lot to do with it. I don't remember Nova Scotia at all but I'd love to go visit there one day.

Minus Pride- Ha, Moose terrify me, as I said. I've had a few scary encounters and my dad was attacked by one once.

Megan said...

I didn't know you were writing a novel. Good luck with it!

I've never seen a moose. I don't even know if we have them in zoos over here. Do you guys have kangaroos, emus or koalas in zoos? I was wondering that the other night lol. Bit of a random question =)

Cjay said...

Thanks!

We have Kangaroos, they're one of my favourite parts of our zoo. We also have emus although honestly, they scare me a little. Giant birds...that is not okay with me...

We had Koalas visit years ago when I was in elementary. We had a field trip with our school just to go see them. We were in line for two hours because it was so busy and saw them for two minutes.

I actually pet the Moose at our Zoo once. He was really nice. It's wild Moose that are not okay with me. They're very territorial.

Máire said...

Thank you Cjay - and congratulations on your own award. It was a nice surprise!