Tuesday 31 January 2012

Sad News

They took Molly into the vet for X-rays and it's much worse than the vet originally thought.  She crushed all the bones in her ankle.  There was nothing he could do to help her, she didn't have anything left in her ankle to actually heal so the decision was made to put her down.  She was really coming around too, when our landlords first purchased her you couldn't get near her and now she was approaching us and becoming easy and willing to catch.  Now I just hope that the rest of the horses will be safe on the icy parts.

RIP Molly

5 comments:

Mare said...

I'm very sorry to hear that!

Megan said...

I'm sorry. I hope the rest of the horses can stay safe this winter.

Courtney said...

Poor Molly. I'm so sorry. I hope the other horses will be okay.

Megan said...

I'm so sorry to hear that =(

Wolfie said...

I really sorry to hear that. These magnificent animals are so fragile. RIP Molly.