Wednesday 28 March 2012

Update

I've been a bad blogger,  I know it.  I'm falling behind on commenting again.  I'll catch up, I promise!  My new job requires me to get up much earlier and do a lot more than I used to so I'm pretty tired and dead by the time I get home. 

I don't have much to report on the ponies, we haven't seen them that much lately.  We're only going to be going twice a week for the most part now instead of three times.  I feel like a bad owner but it's no good if we get out there and I'm just a zombie.  I'm too tired to do anything productive and as my mom'll tell you, I get easily frustrated when I'm tired.  So for the next while we won't be going as much.

Jimmy's doing better.  I haven't ridden him in a bit but he's being better for my mom.  Socks and I...we're going through a rough patch.  All of a sudden she's incredibly attached to Jimmy and Artemis, to the point where if they're in the arena and she's in the asile, she'll start screaming and dancing around.  And I get really annoyed with that because she knows better.  I think the problem is that she can see both Jimmy and Artemis from her pen.  She's right in the middle of them, there are Titan and Mach between her and Jimmy and Charlie and Oceania between her and Artemis, that's it.  In the next month or so all the horses will be getting moved around since all the indoor boarders are coming outside so hopefully Socks'll get moved away from them.  T knows I would prefer that.

She's still awesome at the barrel racing.  We need more speed but that'll come.  She's finally figured out that she's allowed to just go all out and she's loving it.  We have a tentative date for our first rodeo, May Long Weekend.  My dad's finding out more about it but for now that's what I'm aiming for.  I really don't expect to do anything careful.  I'm just hoping for a clean run and some good experience for Socks and I.

Artemis is doing great.  She's been listening really well, she's getting much better about backing up.  She had a bridle on and chewed on the snaffle for a while and then forgot about it.  My big focus with her right now is backing up and standing still at the mounting block.  Obviously I'm nowhere near getting on her, but I figure it doesn't hurt to teach her to stand still now.  She likes to stand diagonal to it.


4 comments:

Courtney said...

Is that Jimmy in that last post? He's looking a little tubby.

Ooh, I'm excited about the prospects of you going to a rodeo!

Megan said...

It sucks you'll be going to the barn less, but I am super excited for you to go to a rodeo!!

Ruth said...

I know what you mean by being too tired to work with the horses properly. I'm like you and get frustrated when I'm tired :) It's no good working with horses when you aren't feeling very patient.

Can't wait to hear about the rodeo. I'm sure you and Socks will do great.

Megan said...

Oh! Good luck at the rodeo, I can't wait to hear about it =)