Wednesday 7 March 2012

Updates

I apologize for the lack of comments on other blogs, my computer decided to die and now it takes over an hour to load Microsoft word, let alone the internet.  I've been using my mom's computer...but it's one of the first laptops ever made...(okay maybe not but you get it) and it's really annoying to do things on.  I ordered a new computer and it should come in on the 19th...but we'll see.  Until then, my blog posts will be very few and my comments fewer.  Once I get my computer in I swear I'll catch up, I will.  I can read them but commenting on them takes forever on this computer.

It still doesn't feel real about Si.  Now everywhere I look I see things that make me think of her.  The dog treats in the cupboard, a border collie walking down the street.  I went to see The Lorax and one character, as minor as he was, was named Si. 

It was kind of the last straw for my dad...he's gone out and looked at one place to buy and he has ten other places to look at.  He's had enough, losing Cas, the last of our babies born that year, and now Si has made him decide we need to get out of here, among other problems.  One of his main requirements is a place on a dead end, not at all busy road. 

I haven't been doing too much with the ponies lately.  I've started a new, full-time job that requires me to get up much earlier than I'm used to, so I'm pretty tired by the time we get to the stable. This past week I was bad, It's getting better though. 

Socks has been really good lately, which I greatly appreciate.  Jimmy on the other hand...makes me want to pound my head against the wall.  He's been better in the snaffle but now he's being funny about his back feet again.  He was like this last year, he doesn't kick, he just picks them up for you and after a second slams them down.  Artemis has been good, she still hasn't grown any but she somehow looks taller all the time.  She's shedding like crazy...which is great since we finally got snow this past week (sarcasm).  She's leaving big clumps of bay hair in the barn everytime she comes in.  She's been great with her feet and didn't react at all last time I put the blankets on her.  Her temper tantrums aren't as often.  It's almost time to deworm them and give them their spring shots.  They'll be Artemis' first shots, I honestly don't expect it to be that much of an issue on Artemis' part.  However, I'm absolutly horrible at giving needles and my mom's never done it.  K offered to show us, and by us I mean my mom.  I'm so horrible at it. 

I'm aiming to go to a few barrel races this summer...but I haven't been able to practice.  Every time I go out lately they either have jumps set up or there are certain people there who lunge their horses for an hour in the arena.  By the time they finish, it's late and it's time for us to go home.  I'm hoping that over this next week I can finally get in. 

I don't have much else to say on the pony front.  They're all good.  I'm going to my dad's this weekend so I'll have an update on those guys.  I haven't seen them since Christmas.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

"I went to see The Lorax and one character, as minor as he was, was named Si."

I wondered if that's what you would think of when I heard it. It sure made my mind go there.

On the plus side... the weathers supposed to get really nice again so at least Artemis won't be too hot!

Also, I'm wondering if there's some sort of system that dictates who gets priority in the ring? Or is it just first come first serve? Just curious.

Megan said...

Good luck with your new job, I hope you like it and I hope your dad finds the perfect place to live!

I'm glad socks and Artemis have been so good for you lately, you sure deserve it!

I'm not too great with needles either. I can do it, but the first time I went to I didn't hit hard enough and the needle bounced out. Then the time after that I accidentally bent the needle, but I got it done lol.

Hope you're alright.