Monday 12 March 2012

Weekend

Keep in mind he's not standing on even ground.
I finally went up to my dad's this past weekend, it's the first time I've been up since Christmas, and the first time without Si. 

Friday: Didn't do anything with the ponies, got there too late.

Saturday: Got up early and went into town.  We drove out to look at a few places for sale, none of them with houses or workable buildings.  The first two were on a road we used to live on, years and years ago when we had just Socks and Target, the place we lived when we got Si.  The first was in the middle of what we always called "The Villiage" which was basically a collection of huts that some...interesting people I tried to avoid live.  The second was completelty surrounded by land and on a giant swamp.  They were both out.

The third was about half an hour out of town, closer to my city.  It was a nice place, again no house or anything but it was dry, mostly field with some trees.  Very workable.  I'm still encouraging my dad to look for a place with a house so we don't have to build one.

When we got back we went for a ride, me on Thor and my dad on Sadie up the road.  Sadie was...horrible but it was the first time she'd really been ridden in about a year.  Thor was perfect. 

I measured Hades finally, he's 13.1hh, so he's a bit shorter than Artemis and his face isn't as long as hers.  It was nice to hang out with him though.

I hung out with the herd a bit, but that's going in a post of it's own.

As I went up to the ponies in the pen, this is what greeted me.  Meet Kitty...I think her name is actually Midnight but we all call her kitty.  She follows you EVERYWHERE, purring non-stop.  The horses are so gentle with her too. 

This Roger, the bull, and Spartan.  This picture shows us why bulls are gross.  Also, how massive they are.  His head is the biggest thing, he scares me.  I was scooping the ice chunks out of the water and Roger was standing far back from me.  Yeah, Kitty came trotting over to me and Roger thought it was the most interesting thing in the world.  So Roger comes following Kitty as Kitty started rubbing against my leg.  I was up and over the fence in a second flat.  As bulls go, he's nice, but I don't trust him even a little bit.  If he's nearby, I'm not.


Roger and Kitty


Thor and Kitty

Sunday: I didn't see the ponies, they were far off in the hayfield and I am much to lazy to walk through the deep snow for a kilometre to find them.  My dad took me back early, we met my mom and then went out to the stable.  Alex and his girlfriend Tia came out to see the ponies.  I rode Socks, Alex was on Jimmy for a few minutes and M was there riding Mach.  We set up the barrels to have some fun. 

Alex only rode for a few minutes and then Tia got on.  She's in a horse training program so it was great to see her work Jimmy, he really needed it.  It's the hardest he's ever worked I think.

Socks and Mach were the two barrel racing.  The two of them were getting insanely competitive with each other, it was great.  Socks was going so fast around the barrels, and keeping her turns tight.  Having some competition does wonders for that horse. 

Artemis was good, she hung out in Zanza's stall.  M opened the stall window and Miss Artemis was very content to hang her head out and watch everyone.  When we let her go...the silly girl didn't want to go in the mud and instead ran on the opposite side of the creek as the herd.  When she realized that she couldn't get over to them...she turned, stared at us and started neighing.  Silly pony.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm so glad you had a decent weekend. It can't have been easy without Si.

Keep on looking. The right place will turn up eventually.


Oh and Hades looks so cute! Not as cute as his sister of course, but still cute. He's an interesting colouur. Ordinary, but nice.

Megan said...

I'm glad your ride on Socks went well =)

Sorry to hear that the first two houses weren't right for you guys, but hopefully the right one comes along!