Thursday 12 July 2012

Stampede Time

I haven't been out to see the horses much this week.  Last time my mom and I were out she decided to try riding both Jimmy and Socks.  Jimmy had other plans.  He wouldn't let her get on so he went straight out to the round pen.  She didn't end up riding him that day, by the time she was able to get on him, he was too hot and sweaty and we couldn't in good concious make him work when he was like that.  So instead we (meaning my mom) stripped off his gear, walked him around the indoor arean to help cool him off, let him role, and then washed him off with some buckets and sponges.  Then he got to stand for a while in the barn until he was completly cool. 

The last two times I've gone out have been with my grandparents.  My grandfather especially likes to come out to visit with the ponies.  The ponies didn't have to do anywork but I think they enjoyed all the attention.  They got put out on the grass, which Artemis didn't really care about since she's on grass 24/7, but Socks and Jimmy sure enjoyed it.

I went to the Chuckwagons and Grandstand Show at the Stampede Monday night.  I always love going to see the Chucks.  We try to go at least once during the Stampede but it doesn't always happen.
Here is the flag they fly during the National Anthem.









I have to say, taking pictures is not easy but I've forced myself to do it.  It's very awkward since I have to hold it all with my left hand and very awkwardly press the button with my right hand but I do it.  It's one of the few things I love that I can still do.  Hopefully I'll get to go to the Stampede rodeo one day this weekend, my brother and I always try to go.

The Grandstand show was great, Paul Brandt was amazing as always.

Later this month when things calm down, the ponies are going to be put back into real work.  Artemis is going to learn how to go on the trailer.  I would have worked on it before but my arm has forced most of my plans onto the back burner.

One last thing, here is an article posted on Yahoo about one person's list of the hardest Olympic events.  I quite enjoy what his number one hardest event was.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/olympic-sport-hardest-fourth-place-medal-ranks-32-195706044--oly.html

No comments: